WHO WE ARE
NAG is a professional organisation for people responsible for or interested in the acquisition, management and development of library resources in libraries of all types.
For everyone interested in the acquisition management and development of library resources. NAG is run by its members for its members.
NAG produces impartial good practice guidelines and standards relating to its core purpose. It offers opportunities for education and training, knowledge sharing and networking through its annual conference and a regular series of regional seminars and workshops. Members benefit from discounts on events.
NAG is a voice for everyone associated with library and information resources – librarians, information officers, publishers and service suppliers – providing leadership and a source of shared expertise for its membership.
Our leaflet is available here – please share it to promote the value of NAG.
NAG’s sphere of interest and influence
- Materials acquisition and collections management
- Supply chain efficiency and acquisitions workflows
- Electronic trading and data interchange
- e-books and online resources
- Supplier selection and stock specification
- Stock promotion and effective stock management
- Best value, bids and tenders
- Library management systems
- RFID applications
- Bibliographical data
- Catalogue enrichment and information discovery