#NAGcd11: Collection Development Seminar for Academic Libraries – 20-11-19 – Manchester
November 20 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm£192 – £252
This is the eleventh in the series of NAG’s Collection Development Seminars for Academic Libraries. The Seminars are always popular, attracting around 100 acquisitions librarians to discuss current trends and developments.
This year the theme is Disruption and Innovation are the New Normal with speakers from around the country. Our papers include:
- Rebecca Gower and Jayne Kelly (Cambridge University): Is it for teaching, for research, or both?: collaboration on eBooks in Cambridge.
- Olivia Walsby (University of Manchester): Reading List Service overhaul at The University of Manchester Library; Are we nearly there yet…?
- Natalia Gordon (Leeds Beckett): Behind the scenes of an implementation: Fear the change but create the workflow anyways
- Sheila Candeland (Manchester Metropolitan University): ‘This is Manchester, we do things differently here’: the story of a collaborative model to support reading for pleasure
- J. Mackenzie (Leeds Beckett): Breaking the perception of digital literacy, the contemporary conceptualisation of information technology.’ Addressing information and communications technology knowledge in HE students and staff.
- Chris Harrison (Cambridge University Press): Disruption and innovation in the publishing landscape: challenging the binary divide
The panel session will focus on “Jumping Onboard: Getting spend in the framework” with Andrew Knight (Roehampton), Natalia Gordon (Leeds Beckett) Gavin Phillips (Imperial) and Anthony Sinnott (York) discussing ways to reduce spend with online retailers outside of the Joint Consortia Book Agreement Framework.
As usual, we will be using Glisser to share slides and encourage questions from the floor so bring along your device and use the free WiFi to enjoy the added functionality of being able to take notes, screenshot and tweet from within the Glisser site with no apps to download beforehand. The slides will be available at: http://glsr.live/nagcd11
NAG members benefit from the reduced price of £160 +VAT, non-members price is £210+VAT. Please add your tickets to the basket below. If you need to check your membership status, please contact the office.
The venue for the day is The Studio, Manchester
Refunds are available up to 28 days before the event; after that it will depend upon the venue’s cancellation policies and whether NAG will be charged however we will endeavour to provide a partial refund if possible. It is also always free of charge to change the name on the ticket and to send a colleague in your place.