July 26, 2013
NAG Conference 2013 “Sharing Today, Securing Tomorrow” took place at the Royal York Hotel, York, on Wednesday 4th and Thursday 5th September.
Please use #NAG2013 if you want to tweet this event
Papers have now been uploaded. NAG members can read or download them by logging in and then following this link . Your log-in is your NAG membership number preceded by the letters NAG, e.g. NAG123. If you do not have a record of your membership number, please contact the NAG office email@example.com and we will look it up for you.
Conference Delegates who are not NAG members should email the NAG office firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a separate link.
NAG’s Conference provided the opportunity to hear about various developments and strategies through a mixture of workshops
and plenary sessions from practitioners from a wide variety of backgrounds.
The NAG Award was presented to Derbyshire County Council Libraries & Heritage Division – read more about that here
Conference Feedback has been positive……….
- Excellent conference – thanks for all your hard work in making this the successful event it always is
- Paper 3 was an excellent overview of the legal issues involved in acquisition – will hope to take up some further questions with the speaker; Paper 4 was particularly good in terms of project managing a task that we are all too happy to pretend won’t happen too soon; Paper 5 was excellent and timely as we are just about to implement RFID more widely; Paper 8 was succinct and thought provoking and I look forward to following the Blog.
- Again an excellent array of speakers – good mix of subjects
- This was my first NAG conference although I have sent other staff in the past. It was a good opportunity to network with people I knew already and to meet new people. Hopefully I shall be able to implement some of what I learned from the papers
- Thoroughly enjoyable and very useful!
- I really enjoyed it. A good location….
- The conference was hugely beneficial for me………. Thanks again for such a fantastic conference.
- ………. high standard of presentations/workshops. I found it all very well run and very interesting.
The social side was not overlooked, with the customary Gala Dinner followed by the (in)famous NAG Quiz
For more pictures of Conference delegates listening, learning, networking and enjoying, please have a look at the slideshow
NAG Post-it Feedback
Thank you to everyone who contributed to our impromptu post it feedback
The NAG committee meet on the 8th October so will discuss the way forward at that meeting using all the suggestions you gave, either in person, on the form or on a post it note.
Some of us will also be getting in touch to arrange a mutually suitable time to discuss on the telephone
We will then post the results on the web site and also email individuals for whom we have contact details.
Sponsorship and advertising
Several advertising and sponsorship opportunities are available for our events – please contact the NAG office at email@example.com for further information.
If you have any questions about any aspect of the Conference, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with the NAG office at firstname.lastname@example.org